TEXAS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Personal Injury
If you have been wrongfully injured in Texas, you may have questions about what to do next. Below, are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about personal injury lawsuits. If you still have questions after reviewing this list, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for a free initial consultation. In doing so, you can discuss the specific nature of your case with our team of dedicated legal experts at no cost to you.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
After suffering a serious injury, you may have found yourself wondering, "Is it worth my time to pursue legal action?" Unfortunately, a significant number of victims are hesitant to take action because they are unsure of the value of their claims. however you should first discuss your case with a lawyer before you abandon your rights to any claims. The value of your claim may depend on a number of different factors, including:
How long will it take to resolve my lawsuit?
The amount of time that it will take to resolve your case will depend on several different factors; however, there is no way to say for sure, as each case is unique. If you are able to negotiate a fair settlement out of court, for example, your case could be resolved in as little as a few months. If you need to pursue a lawsuit at trial, it could take years to reach a resolution. Fortunately, you can gain a better idea by discussing your case with The Philips Law Firm.
How much will it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
At the Philips Law Firm, we take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not be expected to pay for your legal costs and fees up-front. Costs of litigation will come out of any settlement at the end of the case. And if we don't prevail, you don't pay. For this reason, the cost of an attorney shouldn't be a factor when making the decision to pursue a claim. Instead, you can focus on the matter at hand: securing compensation.
Will I have to take my personal injury claim to court?
If you are worried about having to go to trial, it is important to understand that nearly 90% of all personal injury claims are resolved through settlement. While it is possible that you may need to go to court, depending on the nature of your case and the other party's willingness to cooperate during negotiations, your Dallas injury attorney can help you weigh your options.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit in Texas?
In Texas, all civil lawsuits are subject to a statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for general personal injury cases is just two years. This means that you would only have a few short years to pursue legal action after being wrongfully injured. While this may vary, depending on the specific type of civil action that you wish to pursue, you should not wait too long to get started. If you fail to take action before the time limitations expire, you must forfeit your right to compensation
How are we going to help you?
1. We will immediately begin our investigation to establish fault on the other party. This generally includes: ordering your police report, obtaining photographs and/or video footage of vehicles as well as the scene, interviewing and obtaining affidavits from witnesses, running public records searches, and utilizing the Freedom of Information Act where necessary.
2. We’re going to make sure your vehicle is repaired or replaced quickly.
3. We’re going to make sure you have a rental vehicle while your car is being repaired.
4. Recovering lost wages and loss of earning capacity in the future can be tricky, difficult, and may require our firm advancing the money to hire an expert such as a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant and/or Economist.
5. Your attorney will send a demand to preserve evidence so that responsible parties do not tamper with or destroy evidence in your favor.
6. We can help you get all necessary medical attention. If you do not have health insurance or the high cost of co-pays and deductibles is burdensome we will, upon request, help you find the proper medical professionals near your home or work that will defer payment until your case is finalized. Our firm has established relationships over the past three decades with various medical doctors, surgeons, neurologists, chiropractors, physical therapists, diagnostic facilities, and pharmacies across the State of Texas. These healthcare providers all participate in this payment deferment program, and have extensive experience helping victims of car accidents recover from their injuries.
The Philips Law Firm © 2015 All Rights Reserved